January 15, 2013

Sailing...

While Dad, Beth and Laura were in town for Christmas we went on a catamaran sail at sunset.  We celebrated Daddio's birthday the same day.  Happy Birthday Pops!  This trip was also my first whale sighting here in Hawaii.  The Humpback Whales are arriving more and more by the day.  They vacation in Hawai'i's winter waters to rear their newly born calves.  They make the journey from the northern arctic waters.  The easiest way to spot them is by the water spouts on the horizon and then look in those areas.  I did manage to get a picture of a tail (below).  The pictures pretty much speak for themselves, so mahalo for visiting and enjoy!











Whale spout and whale tail!



Our ride for the evening.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna go on a boat! I wanna see whales! I even have my own "boat" face which is when I have a big smile and I can't contain my excitement! I'm sure you'll be seeing me wearing my boat face the majority of the time I'm there...it's already starting here...I'm so excited, I'm frequently seen smiling and skipping around :-)

    ReplyDelete