January 7, 2013

Kaua'i Part 4: Lighthouse and Kaua'i Coffee...

Some other pictures from Kaua'i might pop up on my blog but the is my last dedicated post about Kaua'i.  This post has pictures from lookouts, the Kaua'i Coffee Company and a lighthouse.

First up are the overlook pictures.  The first two are from an overlook near the north shore.  The third picture is from an overlook near the south shore. 




I was exploring the island one day I was there and I passed a sign saying Kaua'i Coffee Company was down this side street.  In Hawaii, I always stop at Coffee companies, because a coffee company is synonomous with free coffee samples.  Who wouldn't want samples of some of the world's best coffee companies?




Left: Old fashioned coffee mill                 //         Right: Old fashioned coffee roaster

Coffee beans.  What?  Did you think they were brown or black in color?  Not until they are harvested and then roasted.
Coffee Trees
Lastly, I went to visit a lighthouse.  At first it looked odd, almost like it had a big extermination tent around it (you see a lot of those tents living in Hawai'i).  Turns out it was being reconditioned and had a protective tent around it during remodeling.  


A picture of the planned restoration back to the 1913 condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment