May 27, 2012

White Plains Beach Surfing

The long awaited surfing photos!  Location is White Plains Beach and I took along the camera to finally get some pictures for everyone.

The eastern part of White Plains Beach

 Other surfers out on the breaks:

 Thanks to Dave for the following pictures.  I'll give you the play by play of one wave that we caught on film.  Topher waxing the board (the board is slippery when wet so the wax keeps your body on while paddling out and your feet on while surfing).  

 Paddling out...

Up and over the waves I go:

Two people surfing past me as I keep paddling out (I'm on the left of the two surfers)...

I see the wave I want; I start paddling to try to catch it...

On the wave (ok so you don't really want to be there, but I got back down)...

On my knees...

Starting to stand...

Ah ha...Surfing!

And now I'm realizing I picked the wrong wave...It died out after 20 or 30m, 
and I'm starting to sink.  On to other waves!

That's all I got for now.  I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.  Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Toph-Toph!! My goal over the next couple of days to to catch up on your blog...as you can see, I'm just over a month (ok...just under 2 months...I kinda suck at life...did you nkow that time flies with 2 of my favorite boys in HI?? :o) behind...but now I'm one closer to being caught up!! Surfing looks like fun and I'm glad to see you're getting the hang of it!!
    ~Smess-a-licious!! :o)

    ReplyDelete