May 10, 2013

Punalu'u Sea Turtles...

I always love sea turtles.  I found a few hanging out on Punalu'u's black sand beach.  It's rare for them to hang out on the shore for the purpose of just resting, and they are only known to regularly do this in a few beaches around the world.  I've been blessed to see them a few times since one spot they frequent is on Oahu, but I was lucky this day that they also happened to be chillin' on the black sand beach.

The gentle giants didn't seem to have a care in the world.



The little guy on the right seems to be camera shy as he (or she?) hides behind the flipper of the adult.
Saw this fella come right out of the water.
He was keeping his eye on me as he decided where he'd like to go.  I kept my distance.
For how graceful they are in the water, they are the exact opposite on land.  ...Pre-push...
...post push.
Yawn.


Mahalo for visiting.  Much Aloha to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment