October 25, 2012

Lizard Stalking...

I recently took a picture of a flower and when looking at my LCD screen to see how it turned out, I suddenly noticed a slightly blurry little figure on the back side of the flower.  To my surprise it was a little lizard!  I had been looking through the view finder, so it was hard to see him when I actually took the picture.  I love little lizards/toads/frogs.  In fact, I used to have a fire-bellied frog as a pet.  His name was Snickers.  Unfortunately he had a traumatic ending...I accidentally killed him...with a couch (yup, you read that correctly; it's a long and traumatic story).  I digress...

So what did I do?  I stalked him and ended up with these shots.  Mahalo for visiting!

Blurry little guy on the back side. 

Stalking him was initially difficult but became easier.





This is my favorite shot since you see the underside of his chin and belly, and especially because you can see both eyes on either side of his head.

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are really great! I think they are my favorite so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maemae and Candice! I think they are my favorite so far too and a bunch of people have commented to me about these. I can't take all the credit. While I did make all the camera setting adjustments and focus, I also finally got a good lens aside from my stock lens. Little did I know that it would make such a huge difference. Unfortunately, its not a general purpose lens so I'm still stuck with my factory lens most of the time, but I hope to upgrade that one soon. ...lenses are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last pic is my fave too, Toph-Toph!

    ReplyDelete