April 4, 2012

New things...

It’s all about new things….

The most exciting of all the new things that have happened over the past few days is the University of Kentucky Wildcats winning their 8th National Title on Monday!  I represented Big Blue Nation all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday to gear up for the Final Four game and National Title Game.  I was so excited I literally cried a few tears of joy.  I even met this nice Kansas friend at the bar….well, we were only friends for twenty minutes until we had a difference of opinions about a foul that was called (the TV announcer totally agreed with me!).  His wife decided that they should leave after the first half.  Anyway, so proud of my Alma mater!  

Other new things: new place to live, new people to meet, new job, new apartment, and Surfing!


Picture taken from Wallpaper website.  Click here to access site.

OK. So that isn’t really me….but it will be eventually.  Sorry no pictures of me.  I can’t take pictures of myself while surfing (obviously).  DL gets here in less than a week so we’ll have more surfing pictures to show in the future.  

I’ve been spending the majority of the last few days doing paperwork and attending appointments for my pending employment.  Today, I had a pre-employment physical, because who doesn’t like to turn their head and cough?  (insert copious amounts of sarcasm with previous statement), as well as a drug screen.  Funny story about the drug screen: upon entering, the lab tech kept looking at me funny.  I figured it was his job to just watch people to make sure they aren’t cheating the test, but he wasn’t doing this to anyone else?  When he took me in the back, he asked: “Have you taken anything today (he pauses awkwardly) like a medication or something?”  I respond with, “Uhhh, no.  Only a multivitamin with breakfast.  Does that count?”  So I do my thing and then leave only to look at myself in the mirror about 20 minutes later.  It then clicked and I started laughing at myself: unbeknownst to me, my eyes were really puffy and VERY blood shot.  I’m sure the lab technician thought I was high on something, but I earned these “puffy-bloodshot-missing-a-contact-in-the-left-side-eyes” while surfing!

I did recently buy a surfboard.  Was I successful in my first outing today?  Well that depends on your definition of success.  I did ‘sort of’ ride two waves on my hands and knees!  I was, however, very successful in obtaining a huge workout paddling myself all over God’s blue ocean, along with a scrape on my stomach, a cut on my hand (stupid coral) and my first sunburn here on the island.  So I consider the first outing a success!

If surfing doesn’t work out then I’ve already figured out what to do with the surfboard…



Living Room.     (iPhone)

Makes for a great coffee table!  And yes, this is my living room.  What?  A surfboard coffee table and beanbag chair isn’t enough.  OK, OK, you’re probably right…still working on the furnishings aspect of the apartment.  I promise more exciting pictures for the next post.  I need to get my camera out, and go do more adventerous things before I start working.  Mahalo!  (and GO CATS!!!)

1 comment:

  1. The living room is even more bare than you described! It was great catching up the other night!! Have fun surfing...

    Moose

    ReplyDelete