April 14, 2013

Fields of the Big Island...

I was headed from Hawai'i Island's Northern point eastward across the island when I came across this beautiful country land.  It was a gorgeous day and I just had to stop and feel the breeze...and take some pictures.  I was so excited about these pictures, however, unbeknownst to me, I still had the picture quality setting on my camera set to low.  But it was a fascinating place situated randomly along the tiny road I as travelling.  It was God's country for sure.



In the background of the next picture you can see all the way to Maui.  Rising above the clouds is Maui's East Volcano: Haleakala.  You may remember it from earlier posts where I biked down it. Maui Island and Hawai'i Island are 30 miles away from each other at their closest shore-to-shore distances.


The Dave and Smess hanging out while I satisfy my curiosity of climbing up a hill.
I found this lonely little post at the top of the hill.




Mahalo for visiting!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment