November 3, 2012

Seal and Turtle at Play...

I was recently showing my cousins around, who were visiting the island for a day.  We stopped at a stopped at a local gem.  It is off the main drag and tourists never see this waterfront area.  This particular spot is a great place to see the sparkling blue sea, sweeping volcanic rock and, intermittently  marine life.  To our surprise a seal and turtle were just playing in the afternoon water.  Unfortunately, I was zoomed in really far, and didn't have a tripod, so the pictures are not sharp.  It was my first seal-sighting, so I decided I'd still post them!  ...November 1st marked the first official day of whale season in Hawaii, so I'm REALLY excited about that too.  I hear the whales are already hanging out off the cost of Maui and the Big Island, so they are on their way.

Seal Picture 1
Seal Picture 2
Turtle Picture 1: Poking his head out of the water
Turtle Picture 2: Playing under the water
Turtle Picture 3: At the surface agian

No comments:

Post a Comment